Stuart Eivers, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Stuart Eivers is the clinical director of MTI Physical Therapy in The Washington Athletic Club (WAC). Stuart has been in working the field of outpatient orthopaedics since 1992 after undergoing physical therapy himself for a period of time. He received a Master’s in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy in 1997 and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2000. Stuart became a board certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist in 2003 and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapists. He has been involved with teaching and consulting at the University of Washington’s Physical Therapy program and with the Ola Grimsby Institute. He has been a clinical instructor for over 20 years and is MTI’s Clinical Education Coordinator.
As a father of two, Stuart finds the time to enjoy hiking, basketball and bicycling. He has been active in the basketball league and Golf Club at the WAC.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, The Ola Grimsby Institute(2000); Dissertation: exercise in patients with herniated lumbar discs
- Post-graduate residency program in Orthopedic Manual Therapy from the Ola Grimsby Institute (1997)
- Masters in Physical Therapy from Chapman University (1992)
- PT – Physical Therapist
- DPT – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- OCS – Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
- FAAOMPT – Fellow of the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapists
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
Specialities / Interests:
- Low back pain
- Athletic rehabilitation
Invited Guest Speaker:
- University of Washington, “Evaluation and Treatment of the Elbow,” 1999.
- University of Washington, “Lumbar Disc Pathology,” 2000.
- OGI Competency Forum, Dissertation Presentation, 2000.
- American College of Occupational Medicine, “Effectiveness of Physical Therapy,” Annual Meeting, 2001.
- Western Pension and Benefits Council, “Wellness Programs,” 2004.
- Orthopedic Special Interest Group of Seattle, “Extremity Manipulation,” 2007.
- Board of Instructors for the Ola Grimsby Institute
- University of Washington Curriculum Advisory Committee (PT) – UWCAC
- Membership and Marketing Committee for the WAC