Lane Nussbaum, PT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Lane grew up in Montana playing football, basketball, and golf and became interested in physical therapy after injuring his knee playing basketball as a sophomore in high school. Going through the process of surgery and physical therapy inspired him to help others who have injured themselves.
He attended the Hogeschool van Amsterdam physical therapy school in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and lived and worked there for four years. He began practicing physical therapy in 2002 for an amateur soccer team, De Beursbengels, and at several outpatient orthopaedic clinics in Amsterdam.
Lane moved to Seattle in 2006 to pursue residency in the postgraduate Doctor of Physical Therapy program from the Ola Grimsby Institute, which offers specialized clinical postgraduate degrees in manual physical therapy, and he has come to truly enjoy living in the Northwest.
Lane is also a Titleist Performance Institute Medical Level 3 Certified professional and provides swing biomechanics analysis, functional screening for golf fitness, evaluation and treatment of golf related injuries, and golf specific exercise programs. He works together with local doctors and golf professionals to help golfers perform to the best of their physical abilities and to stay fit for golf and injury free.
In his spare time, he enjoys exploring Seattle for great restaurants and live music, playing guitar, skiing, golfing, hiking, and traveling.
- Postgraduate PhD residency program in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Ola Grimsby Institute (2012)
- Board Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists (2011)
- Fellowship Residency in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Ola Grimsby Institute (2009)
- Postgraduate Doctor of Physical Therapy program, Ola Grimsby Institute (2006)
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Hogeschool van Amsterdam (2001)
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, Montana State University (1999)
- PT- Physical Therapist
- OCS- Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
- FAAOMPT- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Level 3 Certified
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Orthopedic section APTA
- Physical Therapy Association of Washington (PTWA)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- Biomechanical approach to Golf Performance and Fitness
- Running Analysis and Injury Prevention
- Shoulder Dysfunction in Athletics
- Clinical Instructor to students of Physical Therapy